- My data keep exhausting even when I’m not using it.
- Monthly subscriptions I bought got exhausted less than a week.
- Why is my data running down so fast before the expiration date?
Guess what? I send secret tips and tricks to my special circle. Do you wish to be part of my Circle? Become a member for free.
HOW TO REDUCE DATA USAGE ON ANDROID
I will be giving different ways and methods to stop android from using too much data(reduce data usage).
This method will help you reduce data usage on android by measuring the limit to which data can be used up too. And to do this you are recommended to set a data limit. This method doesn’t necessarily reduce data usage on android but it helps you track and know the amount of data usage which simply means, when you exceed the targeted data limit your Android device won’t browse or make use of additional data. Now follow the below steps to get this done.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Data Usage
- Select Network Tab
Now you must make sure your data connections are turned ON. Then proceed…
- Turn ON Cellular Data Limit
- Now drag up/down to set the data limit. See the below screenshot.
ACTIVATE ‘RESTRICT APP BACKGROUND DATA FEATURE’ OR ‘DATA SAVER’
Restricting background data will help reduce data usage on android in a really big way by stopping other apps from using data aside from the current one. By activating this feature, you are telling your Android device to keep away additional connections. I.e one connection at a time and for sure this will help.
Read: [Complete Guide]What Is Restrict Background Data Used For?
For good understanding.
- Open Settings
- Tap on Data Usage
- Click on Three Dots at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Restrict Background Data
- Open Setting -> Data Usage
- Select Network Tab(Mtn, Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, etc…)
- Scroll and select apps to Restrict its Background Data…
- Now turn ON Restrict App Background Data Switch.
After that, click OK to confirm the activation
MINIMIZE USAGE OF YouTube AND STREAMING SITES ON DATA
Doing this is a better step to reduce data usage on Android. Try your possible best to reduce the usage of streaming sites like YouTube and others when you are on Data Subscriptions. Instead, download YouTube videos for offline watching when on WiFi Network Service. For sure usage of data on Android will be reduced.
ACTIVATE CHROME DATA SAVER FEATURE
Turning ON data saver when browsing on chrome can as well reduce data usage on Android. This feature was added by Google on new versions of Chrome browser to help reduce data usage by compressing and speeding up site page loading time.
- Tap on Three-Dots at the top-right corner on a chrome browser screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings
- Click Data Saver
- Turn ON the data saver switch, refer to the below screenshot.
USE WiFi NETWORK SERVICE WHEN NECESSARY
Making use of WiFi service when necessary can reduce data usage on Android in good ways. Below are some tips to keep this ON.
- Set Auto-Update Apps to WiFi only.
- Download Large files while on WiFi only.
- Stream YouTube and other online Videos on WiFi only.